Some inspiration for a happiness habitAre you unhappy? Would you like to make happiness a habit. Here are 100 habits guaranteed to make you happier!
- Choose to have a good day.
- Get a good night’s sleep.
- Be screen free for an hour before bed.
- Read a chapter from a positive book before work.
- Read a positive\motivational blog post before work.
- Listen to a positive\inspiring podcast while you eat your breakfast.
- Listen to a positive audio book on your commute.
- Learn something new.
- Listen to upbeat music while you get ready.
- Turn off the TV news.
- Have a good, healthy, breakfast.
- Exercise before you go to work.
- Get your lunch ready the night before.
- Get your clothes ready the night before.
- Clean the snow off a neighbor’s car.
- Help a colleague carry a heavy load into the office.
- Send an email compliment when you get into work.
- Call someone just to wish them a “good daisy.”
- Put a nice note in a significant others lunchbox.
- Send someone a nice text message.
- Leave a surprise donut on someone’s desk.
- Send someone who is having a hard time an encouraging card.
- Eat lunch with someone sitting by themselves.
- Go for a good walk.
- Go to an exercise class.
- Invite someone who lives by themselves over for dinner.
- Deliver dinner to a family with a new baby.
- Identify 3 things you are grateful for.
- Read your favorite funny comic in the newspaper.
- Listen to a clip from your favorite comedian.
- Go for a massage.
- Eat some chocolate.
- Go for coffee with a good friend.
- Seek out a “positive” person and spend some time with them.
- Avoid engaging in gossip or complaining.
- Go out for ice cream after dinner.
- Make weekend plans to do something you really enjoy.
- Watch your self talk.
- Go for a sauna\hot tub.
- Go for a mindfulness walk.
- Go watch some live music.
- Do something you have never done before.
- Avoid comparing yourself to other people.
- Write down your worry list on paper.
- Do something small that would help with one of your worries.
- Say no to things that don’t align with your values.
- Give time or money to your favorite non-profit organization.
- Plan your next vacation.
- Make plans with your friends for next weekend.
- Send a message to something thanking them for something they did for you.
- Relive a favorite memory.
- Look at photos of a happy time.
- Take a minute to help a stranger.
- Do something thoughtful for a loved one.
- Do some manual labor.
- Take a break and do some breathing exercises.
- Drink a large glass of water.
- Go for a walk in nature.
- Go gadget free for 3 hours.
- Avoid complaining for 24 hours.
- Do something creative.
- Get into the “zone.”
- Do something that makes a loved one happy.
- Get a pet.
- Imagine you are happy.
- Write a journal.
- Eat healthily.
- Play a favorite game.
- Spend time with young children.
- Let go of resentment.
- Do some yoga.
- Buy yourself some flowers.
- Wear something yellow.
- Cross something off your todo list.
- Set your thermometer to 57f (13.9c)
- Move closer to work.
- Turn off social media.
- Buy experiences not things.
- Write yourself an encouraging note.
- Take 20 minutes of “you time.”
- Break out of a rut. Change up an old routine.
- Plan a party for someone else.
- Take a day off.
- Drink green tea.
- Spend some time in the sun.
- Color in a mandala.
- Take a nap.
- Hug someone.
- Eat fruit and veg and make sure you have calcium and iron in your diet.
- Stop making excuses.
- Replace the word “should” with “want.”
- Stop doing something you don’t enjoy.
- Write down 3 good things that happened today.
- Go on a date with your partner.
- Ask for help.
- Light a vanilla candle.
- Stop and smell the roses (or daisys.)