Here are 25 proven ways to boost your mood.
- Drink a glass of water as soon as you get up in the morning to start rehydrating your body.
- Eat meals at the same time everyday to maintain consistent blood sugar levels.
- Have protein for breakfast to give yourself good fuel to start the day.
- Reduce your caffeine intake to control your hydration.
- Choose water over sugary drinks to maintain your blood sugar level.
- Eat whole grains instead of white bread/pasta to limit your sugar intake.
- Include fruit and veg with every meal to help keep you healthy.
- Avoid eating an hour before bed to help your sleep.
- Do bodyweight exercises like planks daily to strengthen your core.
- Go for a walk every day to get some vitamin D.
- Do jumping jacks daily to maintain your cardiovascular fitness.
- Do stretches before bed to help you sleep better.
- Practice daily gratitude to keep you happier.
- Compliment others to fill your bucket.
- Keep a Bullet Journal to get those thoughts out of your head.
- Avoid watching the news as it is 90% negative and will make you unhappy.
- Cut down on social media it makes people unhappy.
- Do short meditations to help stay calm throughout the day.
- Try box breathing. Special Forces use it to stay calm.
- Read daily. Replace negative news with positive reading.
- Make your bed first thing in the morning and start as you mean to go on.
- Get a pet. People with pets are measurably happier.
- Get 7-8 hours of sleep daily. Its hard to be happy when you are tired and grump.
- Wake up and go to sleep at the same time everyday of the week. Sleeping in or staying up late on weekends plays havoc with your circadian rhythm.
- Go outside everyday. The sunlight will make you happier.
Pick one to make a habit now.